How to get lastlogin date of cyrus-imapd-2.2.8 user

Eddy Beliveau eddy.beliveau at hec.ca
Wed Apr 6 08:12:27 EDT 2005

>> ## Eddy Beliveau (eddy.beliveau at hec.ca):
>> I'm running with succes cyrus-imapd-2.2.8-6.3
>> Is it possible to get the last login date (pop or imap) of an user
>> Is there a way to activate some annotation, like
>> /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/lastlogin
>
>## Christoph
> You can get the information from syslog.
> I'm using a script for parsing /var/log/cyrus.log (name may differ :)
> after rotation and tracking lastlog information in a database
> (several gdbm files).

Thanks Christoph for your fast reply
This will be my last resort solution if nobody else has a solution :-(

Another question: Can I deduct/extract the last login date from the content of the special files:

-rw-------      1 cyrus mail  145464 Apr  5 18:14 cyrus.cache
-rw-------      1 cyrus mail     183 Dec 20 03:43 cyrus.header
-rw-------      1 cyrus mail    3976 Apr  5 18:14 cyrus.index

Cheers,