Moderate/intercept usenet postings

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Apr 7 21:07:55 EDT 2005

Eric Berggren wrote:

> Is there a simple method to process articles posted locally via NNTP
> before being sent upstream ? Specifically, looking to setup a
> bi-directional gateway for some local groups (group is accessible via
> IMAP and NNTP - smtp postings are easy, looking to capture NNTP posts to
> feed into a mailing list).
>
> I can think of setting up a Net::NNTP::Proxy perl script fed via
> "newspeer" in the imapd.conf file, but looking to see if there was
> another avenue available.

Sure is.  Check out the "Reading/Posting articles" section of
doc/install-netnews.html

"Newsgroups can also be gatewayed to email by setting
/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/news2mail mailbox annotations to the
corresponding email addresses."

I should probably make a separate "Gatewaying news to mail" section.

So, in cyradm (as an admin) this would look something like:

mboxcfg netnews.misc.test news2mail ericb at transmeta.com

(assuming newsprefix=netnews)

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127