Cyrus Imap and crypt SQL Passwords?

Berger, Stefan (IT- Management) stefan.berger at uniteddata.de
Wed Apr 13 07:05:25 EDT 2005

Hi,

thanks for the responses to all. But there is a problem still. I've
patched the cyrus-sasl-2.1.19 Version compiled and installed. So if I set
the parameter sasl_password_format: plaintext all is running. Is the
sasl_password_format: crypt set, then i can't authenticate against my
MySQL Database. The Database is a mysql version 4.0.21. I use phpMyAdmin
too. If I create a user in the database which function i have to use for
the password encryption. Is it MD5 or PASSWORD? Both won't work.

Thanks a lot

>> i want use this crypt password to login in cyrus imap with mozilla
>> thunderbird or squirrelmail.... So in the mysql DB the password is
>> crypt.
>> So, what i have to do? Is this possible and where can i find the patch?
>
> Do you mean something like this ?
> http://frost.ath.cx/software/cyrus-sasl-patches/
>
> Simon
>
>> Thanks a lot.

>>> Not for any scheme which is hash based, only schemes which take a
>>> password
>>> (e.g. login). Otherwise the one-way crypt is not reversible and you