User-deleted folders still on disk?

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Tue Apr 26 08:55:22 EDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Christophe Boyanique wrote:

> Derrick J Brashear a écrit :
>
>> Well, a while ago there was a discussion about this related to NFS, and
>> it's quite possibly the same problem, though it's much less an issue if
>> you're not show your users du output.
>>
>> http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:9aAtHxcLfIUJ:asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php%3Fmailbox%3Darchive.info-cyrus%26msg%3D34476+cyrus+nfs+rmdir+site:asg.web.cmu.edu&hl=en
>
> So it seems that someone read that mail :)

I recall but am too lazy to check that he posted the patch after I
suggested snooping nfs protocol traffic to determine if the directory was
empty. So, well, I think there was even evidence of it at the time;-)

> Is there a way to integrate this patch at least in Cyrus 2.1 and 2.2 ?

2.2: probably. it's actually uncommitted in my sandbox now. Ken's point
about "can you remove your cwd" remains.
2.1: it's not a security fix.