System I/O Error

Lee Hoffman lee at disinfo.com
Fri Apr 29 19:02:44 EDT 2005

We had a kernel hang the other day and after a reboot and full fsck
(ext3), two email accounts seem to not be able to receive mail any
longer. The other accounts on the system are unaffected.

joe123 is one of the users. joe123 can login, but all mail sent to
the account just sits in the local postfix queue. The error log shows:

Apr 29 11:18:56 [postfix/lmtp] D53ED17BC130: to=<joe123 at domain.com>,
relay=/export/cyrus/imap/socket/lmtp[/export/cyrus/imap/socket/lmtp],
delay=333843, status=deferred (host /export/cyrus/imap/socket/lmtp[/
export/cyrus/imap/socket/lmtp] said: 451 4.3.0 System I/O error (in
reply to RCPT TO command))
Apr 29 11:18:56 [lmtpunix] DBERROR: error fetching user.joe123:
cyrusdb error

I tried running reconstruct -rf user/joe123, but it didnt solve the
problem.

The error fectching user.joe123 is particularly odd since we use the
"/" separator not ".".

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Lee