Migrating from courier to cyrus

Gerald Drouillard gerrylist at drouillard.ca
Wed Sep 8 11:23:16 EDT 2004

Christiano Anderson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to migrate a server with 10K accounts under courier Imapd
> to Cyrus. I have got the imapmigrate from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/cyrus-utils/, but while I start the
> script, it creates only empty folders. No messages are migrated to
> Cyrus.
>
> I tried the debug mode, I made many changes to imapmigrate script, but I
> still couldn't get the old courier messages to cyrus.
>
> Does anyone know what is wrong or can recommend any other migration
> tool?
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Christiano
>
> ---

I am attempting the same project.  I was looking at ImapSync and also just drag and dropping from thunderbird.  I noticed that Cyrus rejects any email with "invalid header" if the message has "From " (from_line) as the first line.  From my brief googling it appears the "From " thing looks to be/have been a standard Unix thing and procmail seems to append this into the message also.  Probably why I couldn't get postfix/procmail working with Cyrus, but that made me discover what sieve is. ;-)

I wonder if there some kind of switch in a conf file to make Cyrus accept "From " as a valid header?  This would make the migration much easier.  If not I will have to remove the "From " line in messages that have it.