Migrating from courier to cyrus

Gerald Drouillard gerrylist at drouillard.ca
Wed Sep 8 15:27:18 EDT 2004

Maykel Moya wrote:

>>Christiano Anderson wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>I am trying to migrate a server with 10K accounts under courier Imapd
>>>to Cyrus. I have got the imapmigrate from
>>>http://sourceforge.net/projects/cyrus-utils/, but while I start the
>>>script, it creates only empty folders. No messages are migrated to
>>>Cyrus.
>

> Can you comment some thoughts on what make you to change from courier to
> cyrus ?

For me, the driving force is that most of the groupware products (Kolab, etc.) require it.  It appears that the shared folders in Cyrus, is what Cyrus does better than most of the other IMAP servers.  I could never get courier's shared folders to work consistently with all the users.  I sure hope it works better in Cyrus.  On the other hand, I personally like the Maildir's of courier rather than Cyrus and courier has been very reliable with many concurrent users and large email accounts.