mailutil and Cyrus

Andreas Haase andreas.haase at eastlink.de
Wed Sep 1 14:40:01 EDT 2004

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Scott Dexter wrote:

> >Why don't you create a folder collection entry for your imap server and
> >save the mails there? Of course it is not the most efficient way to move
> >your mails but it is easy to handle and works for sure.
>
> Ok, I'll beg ignoance here...what is a folder collection entry?

If you have a look into your .pinerc you will find the following passage
there:

--- snip ---
# List of directories where saved-message folders may be. First one is
# the default for Saves. Example: Main {host1}mail/[], Desktop mail\[]
# Syntax: optnl-label {optnl-imap-hostname}optnl-directory-path[]
folder-collections=Mail mail/[]
--- snap ---

Just edit it this way:

--- snip ---
# List of directories where saved-message folders may be. First one is
# the default for Saves. Example: Main {host1}mail/[], Desktop mail\[]
# Syntax: optnl-label {optnl-imap-hostname}optnl-directory-path[]
folder-collections=label {your.imap.server/novalidate-cert}INBOX.[],
        Mail mail/[]
--- snap ---

Then enable aggregate command set, so you can apply a command (delete,
move or whatever) to more than one mail. Each command option has a help
text available. Then move the mails from your local pine folders to the
new created folder collection. That's it.

Regards,

Andreas Haase
Postmaster
EastLink GmbH