client side certificate support

James Miller jimm at simutronics.com
Thu Sep 2 12:22:17 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I've been searching around and haven't had much success finding a good
reference for setting up cyrus-imap to use client side certificates.

The Installing and Configuring the Imap server doc doesn't have much info
about how to do this.
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/install-configure.html#openssl
" You can use the self-signed certificate generated above as a CA for client
certificates. To do this, try the following:

TODO: write me! "

I have no problem with creating a CA and creating certs from the CA.  I'm
using them w/Sendmail and STARTTLS.

I would appreciate any suggestions or pointers.

Regards,
Jim