sieve problems

Marc Williams marcw at onlymooo.com
Mon Sep 6 19:45:59 EDT 2004

I hope the well traveled experts here don't mind an occasional rookie
problem.  I found one similar thing while researching the archives but
it ultimately didn't fit.

I'm running the 2.2.3 version of the Cyrus RPM on my FC2 machine.  It
and Postfix are working remarkable well.  The problem I'm having is
getting timsieved working.

When running sivtest, I receive this:

[root at server1 etc]# sivtest -a marcw localhost
S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.3-Red Hat 2.2.3-11"
S: "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify
subaddress relational regex"
S: "STARTTLS"
S: OK
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0
C: LOGOUT
Connection closed.

When I run the exact same thing with imtest, it works great.  I'm not
sure how to troubleshoot this but I'm willing to try anything.

Thank you in advance for your time.