sieve problems

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Sep 6 22:07:36 EDT 2004

Am Di, den 07.09.2004 schrieb Marc Williams um 3:50:

> Thanks for responding Alexander.  I look forward to your posts in the FC
> lists.

Thanks :) You are welcome.

> The entirety of my imapd.conf is as follows:

> sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> sasl_mech_list: pam
                             ^^^^^^^

Hu? This can not work. So I wonder how you are able to authenticate with
your IMAP/IMAPs client.

> It's *almost* stock.  As I recall, I changed "PLAIN" to "pam" and
> commented hashimapspool.  The mech listed in /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd is
> "shadow" which shouldn't matter, I believe, since the sasl_mech_list in
> imapd.conf would override.

pam is no SASL MECH. With "sasl_mech_list" you have to have entries like
"PLAIN" or "LOGIN" or "CRAM-MD5". That are MECHs. And the saslauthd,
which comes with SASLv2, has different possibilities to contact which is
holding the AUTH data. "saslauthd -v" shows you what is possible with
your saslauthd. But that are not the MECHs.

In short: change "sasl_mech_list" back to "PLAIN" in the imapd.conf and
things will work again after a service restart.

> Marc

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 04:02:05 up 8 days, 1:18, load average: 0.35, 0.29, 0.30