Funding Cyrus High Availability

David Lang david.lang at digitalinsight.com
Thu Sep 16 19:34:39 EDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Ken Murchison wrote:

> Question:   Are people looking at this as both redundancy and performance, or
> just redundance?

for performance we already have murder, what we currently lack is
redundancy. once we have redundancy then the next enhancement is going to
be to teach murder about it so that it can failover to the backup box(s)
as needed, but for now simply having the full data at the backup location
would be so far ahead of where we are now that the need to reconfigure
murder for a failover is realitivly trivial by comparison.

David Lang

  -- C.A.R. Hoare