After Action Hooks

Drew Morris drewmorris at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 10:57:47 EDT 2004

After recieving an email from another member of this list (thanks
Ken), I figured I needed to clarify a little.

Although Cyrus cache's some data, The cache I am talking about
maintaining is on a completely different machine. It's actually a
database which has the meta-data in it in order to improve web-based
email performance. All the existing solutions either don't scale well
or are too slow so we are attempting to keep the mailbox reads and
things that can be sped up considerably kept in the db and only access
the actual message store when someone needs to read a message or
perform an action (like move, delete, etc.)

I had another thought. Is it possible to add a hook for whatever
actions occur around updating the current cache that Cyrus stores
(cyrus.index and cyrus.cache)? I am not sure if these files also store
the folder information so I guess I am not sure if the file's
information is comprehensive enough. Also I am unsure whether these
are stored as one giant file or if they are seperated into each
folder's index.

If anyone out there has examples of these files and is willing to send
them I would appreciate it.

- Drew