Problem restoring cyrus environment on backup machine

Nathan Wiebe nwiebe at lynxgl.com
Wed Sep 15 12:43:48 EDT 2004

 Hi, I've setup a Cyrus server (Invoca rpms 2.2.3) on RHEL 3.  I'm backing up
all our email, and testing the restore on a second machine.

 I'm having trouble authenticating users on the backup machine using
sasl_pwcheck_method:auxprop (/etc/sasldb2).  When I try to authenticate
agaist the imap server, my maillog tells me "... SASL(13): user not found:
checkpass failed".  I've concluded this is because the realm/domain is
different on the production and backup machines.  When I create a new user on
the backup machine, in the same manner as on the production machine, it works
just fine.  Of course sasldblistusers2 reports different realms for the
users.

 The part that I don't understatd is that I've turned on virtual domains
in /etc/imapd.conf and I still can't authenticate as
user at full.name.of.production.machine on the backup machine.

 Am I missing something?

--
Nathan Wiebe