Cyrus and Samba

Drew Morris drewmorris at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 09:17:20 EDT 2004

It is my understanding that Samba handles the conversion between unix
semantics and windows. NFS has been reportedly unreliable with Cyrus
but I would think that Samba should work fine since it has a sort of
local cache mechanism built into it.

I am not 100% sure of how Samba works or if the semantics would be
handled... anybody know for sure?

- Drew