Cyrus POP3 Deadlocks in 2.1.16

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Mon Sep 27 11:30:45 EDT 2004

Actually the deadlock seems to be pretty independent of the version because
we had this happening back in 2.0 in a redhat system.  I can't find a
trigger or any reason for it, POP3 just *STOPS* dead int eh water.
Stopping all cyrus and restarting never helps, only way to get POP3 back is
to reboot.  When it happens POP3 gets your a connection, but will NEVER
banner, all other services are normal, no log entries indicate illness,
nothing.

Has anyone else EVER had this happen?  This is *VERY* disconcerting.  It
hasn't happened much but it's been fairly OS and version independent
happening on our old RedHat system, and now (just moments ago) on our
Debian based system.

I can't figure out anything that it could be, happens in MURDER and
non-MURDER configurations.  Like I said though only to the POP services,
IMAP is always fine during these problems.

Any ideas, anyone?

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you