PREAUTH ?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Sep 27 12:47:34 EDT 2004

Christiaan den Besten wrote:

> Hi All !
>
> Has cyrus the ability (like uw-imapd) to use 'preauth' for users running
> the daemon from the command line? I have been googling for pam solutions
> to solve preauth, but these all look a bit unsafe at the very least :)
>
> Running imapd from the command line as user 'foo' should then generate a
> connection to the server without having to enter the password for 'foo'.

Cyrus doesn't support running imapd from the command line.  All process
are spawned from the master process.

What type of application requires you to run imapd from the command
line?  I *might* be able to add a command line switch which allows you
to do this if its of general use.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127