PREAUTH ?

Christiaan den Besten chris at scorpion.nl
Mon Sep 27 13:30:07 EDT 2004

> Cyrus doesn't support running imapd from the command line.  All process
> are spawned from the master process.
>
> What type of application requires you to run imapd from the command line?
> I *might* be able to add a command line switch which allows you to do this
> if its of general use.

We have aprox 300 users who have shell access on the same machine as where
the cyrus process runs. It would be -very- nice if they wouldn't have to
enter their username/password whenever they run Pine.

Pine supports pre-start commands: "ssh-command=/usr/sbin/imapd" is what we
now use with uw-imapd. They can then access their mail folder without having
to authenticate themselves.

bye,
Chris