Examining sieve scripts of other users out of a perl script

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Sep 28 12:55:59 EDT 2004

-- Andreas Haase <andreas.haase at eastlink.de> is rumored to have mumbled on
Dienstag, 28. September 2004 17:57 Uhr +0200 regarding Re: Examining sieve
scripts of other users out of a perl script:

> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
>
>> Usage:
>>     sieveshell [--user=*user*] [--authname=*authname*] [--realm=*realm*]
>>     [--exec=*script*] *server*
>>
>> So you could do
>
> Thank you for that, works well. But I need to do that out of a perl script
> or something like that. And there I cannot input the password
> interactively. Is there any perl module that can handle this?

Sure, Cyrus::SIEVE::managesieve. Of course you'll have to put the password
into the script ...

It's not really documented very well, but it works fine. You mostly need
sieve_get_handle, sieve_put_file_withdest and sieve_get_error if you want
to write scripts to the server. If you mainly want to read them, you'll
need sieve_get. Check your managesieve.pm for other options.

Cheers, Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK