Insert artificial delay into IMAP server responses (to workaround OL2002)

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Oct 29 14:26:59 EDT 2004

On Oct 29, 2004, at 10:45, Michael Sims wrote:

> Which version of Cyrus IMAP is the patch intended for?  Also, have you
> seen a
> reduction in the number of timeout errors ("IMAP server has closed
> connection") with
> this patch applied?  TIA...

Good questions.

This was against 2.2.8 and, yes, the client reports the messages have
mostly gone away.  There's still something going on for _long_ idle
connections - I have their idle timeout set at 60000 seconds but
overnight seems to not work perfectly yet.

Previously they were getting the Outlook errors every several minutes.

-Bill
----
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Text: bill+text at bfccomputing.com