I have no INBOX!

info-cyrus at stephenamadei.com info-cyrus at stephenamadei.com
Fri Oct 1 21:02:28 EDT 2004

Hello.

I'm setting up an email server for a friend, using Postfix, Cyrus-IMAP,
MySQL, Cyrus-SASL and Web-CyrAdm.  (I read the HowTo)

Mostly everything works right, but I needed mailboxes to be created
automatically, so I patched Cyrus-Imap with the AutoCreate patch, and set
the needed config files.  I can now use SMTP/POP3/IMAP to access the
virtual accounts in MySQL.  I can even use my IMAP client (Opera) to
create folders... however, SquirrelMail can't.

SquirrelMail is configured for Cyrus with the 'usehierarchysep: yes'
option.

So I fired up imtest to see if this is a Squirrel problem or an IMAP
problem:

imtest -u azz.domain.com -a azz.domain.com localhost

After putting in my password, I list my mailboxes...

. list * *
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "."" "user.azz^domain^com"
. OK Completed (0.000 secs 2 calls)

But I can't do this (what Squirrel is trying to do)...

. select "INBOX"
. NO Invalid mailbox name
. create "INBOX/Sent"
. NO Invalid mailbox name

I have Googled high and low on the Internet, and others seem to be able to
do this... so it seems like an IMAP problem.

The only thing I haven't tried to do is manually create the INBOX using
CyrAdm... but CyrAdm won't work on this server without a major Perl
overhaul and recompile... and since manual creations wouldn't be practical
anyway, I haven't bothered.

So the bottom line is why don't I see INBOX something when I use imtest?!?

Thanks in advance.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
CISSP looking for work... http://www.amadei.com/resume.doc