I have no INBOX!

info-cyrus at stephenamadei.com info-cyrus at stephenamadei.com
Sat Oct 2 19:32:28 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Aristotelis wrote:

>    Which version of cyrus are you using?

Cyrus: 2.2.8 with the autocreate patch 0.2 for 2.2.7.  (Its supposed to be
good for 2.2.8, and it patched without errors).

> > imtest -u azz.domain.com -a azz.domain.com localhost
>
>    Your username is azz.domain.com ??

No, not really, I just changed the domain in this email to protect the
innocent.  In real life, I am testing with the correct domain.

However, the test users are things like azz, asd, zxc, qwe... quick to
type.

We need virtual domains with virtual users... all users are in MySQL.

> > After putting in my password, I list my mailboxes...
> >
> > . list * *
> > * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "."" "user.azz^domain^com"
> > . OK Completed (0.000 secs 2 calls)
>
>   Could you do the same while using telnet localhost 143
> and then the list command.

Yep.  Same thing.

>     Actually this is strange. If you had unixhiersep
> enabled in cyrus the inbox should be user/azz.domain.com
> in the list output. However the internal format should
> be user.azz^domain^com.

Yes, the actually /var/spool/imap/user files use the ^.

>    Furthermore you could also paste the log lines from
> the logfile during the execution of autocreate patch
> in order to see what autocreate patch is creating.

I don't get any logs if POP or IMAP create the mailboxes... but SMTP:

Oct  2 18:22:46 zzzzz lmtpunix[5011]: autocreateinbox: User
asd^domain^com, INBOX was successfully created in partition default
Oct  2 18:22:46 zzzzz lmtpunix[5011] User asd^domain^com, Inbox
subfolders, created 4, subscribed 4

Doing the list with this new user actually gave me 4 subfolders, as my
config is designed... oddly, when I created the INBOX for 'azz' via POP
last night, it only created one root mailbox.

Still looking for any ideas.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
CISSP for hire... Resume at http://www.amadei.com/resume.doc