I have no INBOX!

info-cyrus at stephenamadei.com info-cyrus at stephenamadei.com
Tue Oct 5 15:38:02 EDT 2004

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004, Aristotelis wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 info-cyrus at stephenamadei.com wrote:
>

> > Doing the list with this new user actually gave me 4 subfolders, as my
> > config is designed... oddly, when I created the INBOX for 'azz' via POP
> > last night, it only created one root mailbox.
> >
> > Still looking for any ideas.
>
>    Ok you said the magic word. POP :))). Actually there is a small bug
> on the pop autocreate patch that has to do with unixhiersep and
> usernames having '.' in them. Someone else had this problem and I
> have already a patch that fixes this (hopefully) and I have sent
> it over to him to do some more testing on his own environment, and
> I'm still waiting the final ok (that nothing else is broken for
> example) so i haven't yet released it. (Actually I don't think that
> the patch causes any other problems, but as usual I'm waiting from
> some feedback from testing on another environment).
>    Anyhow, I would be glad to sent you this version of the autocreate
> patch so that you can use it. Just email me and I'll do it 2morrow
> morning

Hello, yes, I'd really like to try this patch.

I'm also kinda curious why IMAP doesn't seem to be building inboxes.  It
works fine for SMTP, but no boxes are getting autocrated during the IMAP
login.  I only have the patched binary available, so I'm sure the correct
IMAPD is running.

					----Steve
Stephen Amadei
CISSP for hire... Resume: http://www.amadei.com/resume.doc