saslpasswd2: Couldn't update db

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Wed Oct 6 22:08:01 EDT 2004

sam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found this problem is quite common in the cyrus-sasl user group. But I
> don't find any firm resolution to this problem.

For what it's worth, I see the same problem with a
SASL install from NetBSD's pkgsrc (on NetBSD 1.6.2)

Very annoying ...

mail2: {91} file sasldb.db
sasldb.db: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)

It looks like you compiled from a pkgsrc install as well?

Maybe there's something broken in the pkg - I didn't see this
on an older install of Cyrus on another NetBSD 1.6.2 server