Long startup time (1h 30m)

Jules Agee julesa at pcf.com
Thu Oct 7 14:42:05 EDT 2004

Bill Earle wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Jules Agee wrote:
>>I've had this happen a few times, reconstructing the deliver db on
>>startup. I don't think this db is used for anything besides duplicate
>>delivery suppression, is it? Is there a recommended way to clean this
>>out periodically?
>
> Jules,
> Look at the man page for "cyr_expire" and "cyrus.conf".

Whoops, I'd forgotten about that... I'm running 2.1.16 so it's
cyr_deliver, but it was already set up in cyrus.conf. I suspect maybe
deliver.db was corrupt and the pruning might have been failing, which
would explain why it went into reconstruct on restart. Doesn't matter
now, I already got out the big hammer and the newly created deliver.db
seems to be behaving itself now. Thanks, Bill!

--
Jules Agee
System Administrator