outlook MAPI connector

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Oct 7 09:49:34 EDT 2004

Hi,

--On Donnerstag, 7. Oktober 2004 15:13 Uhr +0200 kardiac
<kardiac_list at krystalia.net> wrote:

>     I have a client wanting extending mail services to all this users. He
> has a exchange server but don't want purchase more licence mainly because
> he want just provide mail functionality.  I have provided a
> Postfix/cyrus-imap  solution. But he has some users on Mac OS 9 and he
> don't want change their mail client which is outlook express. This  mail
> client  use  only MAPI protocol.

that's not true.  Outlook Express on the Mac does POP and IMAP. AFAIK it
doesn't even support MAPI at all! You must be confusing something. Maybe
they are using the old Outlook (without Express) for Mac? In that case you
should recommend they upgrade to Entourage.

Cheers, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK