Unable to locate maildrop for user

William K. Hardeman wont-i at wkh.org
Fri Oct 8 05:30:40 EDT 2004

--On Friday, October 08, 2004 19:35:17 +0800 sam <sam.wun at authtec.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have setup cyrus-imapd version 2.2. But when a mail client tried to
> connect to pop3, it failed with the following error:
>
> pop3[41554]: Unable to locate maildrop for sam: Mailbox does not exist
>
> I have tried cyradm, but it does only create Mailbox in the
> /var/spool/imap directory:
>
>  > cm Mailbox
>  > sam Mailbox sam lrswipcd
>  > lam
> usage: listaclmailbox mailbox
>  > lm Mailbox
> Mailbox (\HasNoChildren)  > lam Mailbox
> sam lrswipcd
> anyone lrs
>
> Thanks
> sam

Sam,

The create mailbox command shown above only creates a shared mailbox named
Mailbox, not an inbox for the user sam. You need to use:

cm user.username
(for unixhierarchysep set to no)

or

cm user/username
(for unixhierarchysep set to yes)

That will implicitly create the user's INBOX and set the proper permissions
for that user. You would only need to do a sam on the user's INBOX if you
were giving another user permission to access that mailbox.

Hope this helps,
Will

William K. Hardeman
wont-i at wkh.org