Dedendencies eMailadress - login [auf Viren überprüft]

Hans Moser hans.moser at ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de
Fri Oct 8 08:13:02 EDT 2004

Hi!

I would like to move from "a few" Domino-Servers to a Cyrus-IMAPD
containing environment (e.g. the Kolab-distribution).

Our eMailadresses are pretty long (as you can see :-). To log onto the
Domino-server normally "fristname lastname" or the "shortname" is used.

Too handle multiple subdomains on several servers, I consider to use
Postfix-virtualtables to map
user1 at sub1.niedersachsen.de -> user1 at server1.niedersachsen.de
This is all in der person's LDAP Entry.

An LDAP-Entry could look kind of this:
mail: user1 at sub1.niedersachsen.de
alias: user1 at server1.niedersachsen.de
uid: sub1user1

How do I get Cyrus to deliver mail to the appropriate mailbox for user1
on server1, using a shorter login name from the person's LDAP entry
(uid?) than one of the emailadresses shown above?

Hans