Cyrus, LDAP, and attributes

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Sun Oct 10 22:14:16 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 05:15, Nick Hodulik wrote:
[snip]

> So my questions are:
>
> 1.) Is there a configuration option in Cyrus for something similar to
> result_attribute in Postfix?
well, no.. cyrus itself doesn't really care what accounts are available
in your ldap.. the ldap_filter in the saslauthd.conf is strictly for
authentication, when someone logs in to check their e-mail.  Cyrus
relies on the MTA (postfix) to verify that the e-mail is correct , and
that the cyrus admin (via cradmin or similar app) created the inbox for
the user (unless you are using the autocreate patch).

> 2.) If not, exactly what data does ldap_filter return? Using Cyrus, how
> would I accomplish the same result I would get from the above example
> in Postfix?

The filter itself is used to fetch the users DN within the directory for
authentication.

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/