disaster recovery

Sebastien Hould thechains at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 10:09:56 EDT 2004

[newbie]

Is it possible to take a mail file (ie:
/var/spool/imap/user/dummy/51.), move it to another users mailbox and
reconstruct it?  I have tried to su cyrus and reconstruct -r
user.dummy yet the message never appears in the mail client.  It works
fine in a backup situation where as I erase a valid mail file and
restore it.  How does the cyrus.index file know it is not destined to
this specific user?  I really need to do this operation in order to
restore some mail which were stored for an earlier Cyrus installation.
 It is worth mentionning we switched from cyrus-imap version 2.1.16 to
2.2.8 .

thanks