how to create user name with dot with cyrus 2.0.17

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Mon Oct 11 22:12:07 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 19:39, sam wrote:
> Christopher Paluch wrote:
>
> > I think your imapd.conf file is correct.  How are you creating your
> > user?  Are you specifying "user/first.name" when creating it?
> >
> Yes, I tried "cm user/xxx.yyy" at the cyradm prompt, but I got error:
>  > cm user/xxx.yyy
> createmailbox: Invalid mailbox name
> only the following form is correct:
>  > cm xxx.yyy
> localhost.authtec.com> lm
> xxx.yyy

You need to run cyrus IMAPd 2.1.x or 2.2.x to have usernames with a ".".

> I found version 2.2 does not have this problem. 2.2 allows the creation
> of name with dot.
> Another problem with 2.0.1 is that the name created is not associated
> with my domian name.
> I think I need to use cyrus-imap 2.2 with sasl1 for another
> installation. I previously used cyrus-imap 2.2 with sasl2, and sasl2
> caused alot of weird problem.

You can't run cyrus imap 2.2  with sasl 1.. you can only use cyrus 2.1
or 2.2 with sasl 2..   You should probably post the "weirdness" on the
cyrus-sasl mailing list to see if you can get it sorted out.   I
personally still am using cyrus sasl 2.1.15 as the newer releases have
some weirdness attached with them. (though I haven't tried the .19
release yet).

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/