Moving users between servers

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Mon Oct 11 14:06:32 EDT 2004

I am going to be moving some 5,000 users from an old ESYS imap server to CMU.
It is my understanding from a previous query, that the cyradm "xfermailbox"
command only works between CMU servers and, therefore, it won't help me here.

I already discovered that simply copying the files at the UNIX level and
updating the mailboxes database still leaves many holes that need to be fixed
-- many of the mailboxes won't reconstruct properly without massaging.

Therefore, does anyone have code that I can use to cleanly move users from
one server to another via the IMAP protocol?

Thanks.

--
Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager