reconstruct with unixhierarchysep:yes

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Oct 13 23:42:57 EDT 2004

Alain Williams wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 01:28:45PM -0400, Ken Murchison wrote:
>
>>Alain Williams wrote:

>>>Thanks. I have submitted a patch for the reconstruct.8 man page that
>>>describes this.
>>
>>Why is a patch needed when it seems blantantly obvious that if you
>>change the hierarchy separator, then you must then use it.
>

> How about:
>
> * Making it easy for people
> * Recognising that not everyone knows as much about Cyrus as Ken Murchison
> * Reducing the 'needless' questions to the mail list
> * Makeing Cyrus more accessable
> * Makeing Cyrus a better product
>
> If you don't like it you don't need to read it, I thought that if I was
> puzzled others might be also.

If that's the case, then you'll also have to update the docs for every
other command line Cyrus tool, including cyradm, which you presumably
used to create the mailbox in the first place.

If you submit a complete documentation patch, then either Derrick or I
will take a look at it.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127