Installed Cyrus IMAP rro the first time on Fedora Core 2 but can't log in?

Don donpro at lclnav.com
Fri Oct 15 09:49:25 EDT 2004

Hi,

Just installed Cyrus Imap server and it is running fine.  However, when I
tested via a PHP script, I could successfully connect but I was unable to
log in to retrieve and list my email from any accounts.  Following error was
received:

S-ERR [AUTH] Invalid login
Could not log in using root (fails for all users)
ERROR: PASSWORD ERROR: [AUTH] Invalid Login

It looks like it's not accepting my login/password but I know them to be
correct.  My script also works on an older RedHat 7.3 server running the
default Linux IMAP server.

I'm guessing that there's some sort of user configuration to do?  If someone
can point me to the correct documentation, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Don