ACL for pop-only ?

Christiaan den Besten chris at scorpion.nl
Fri Oct 15 17:40:13 EDT 2004

> err, and what's up with flag c?

Well, I admin, my first thoughs also .. but ehm, it doesn't work?

> "specifies create access, which allows you to create new submailboxes of
> the
> mailbox."
>
> Simply sam the stuff with -c :)

Proof of non-working concept :(

---
[root at mail3 etc]# cyradm --user cyrus localhost
IMAP Password:
localhost.localdomain> lm user/chris
user/chris (\HasChildren)
localhost.localdomain> sam user/chris chris lrswid
localhost.localdomain> lam user/chris
chris lrswid
localhost.localdomain> quit

[root at mail3 etc]# cyradm --user chris localhost
IMAP Password:
              localhost.localdomain> cm user/chris/subfolder
localhost.localdomain> lm user/chris*
user/chris (\HasChildren)              user/chris/Trash (\HasNoChildren)
user/chris/Drafts (\HasNoChildren)     user/chris/subfolder (\HasNoChildren)
user/chris/Sent (\HasNoChildren)
localhost.localdomain> dm user/chris/subfolder
deletemailbox: Permission denied
localhost.localdomain>
---

So without the 'c' and 'a' flag, i am still able to create, but not delete
subfolders ....

So, should I then consider this broken?

---
[root at mail3 etc]# rpm -q -i cyrus-imapd
Name        : cyrus-imapd                  Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.2.8                             Vendor: Invoca Systems
Release     : 1                             Build Date: Tue 28 Sep 2004
03:46:57 PM CEST
Install Date: Sun 03 Oct 2004 07:18:02 PM CEST      Build Host: mail3
Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM:
cyrus-imapd-2.2.8-1.src.rpm
Size        : 18840848                         License: OSI Approved
Signature   : (none)
Packager    : Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch>
URL         : http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/imapd/
Summary     : A high-performance mail server with IMAP, POP3, NNTP and SIEVE
support.
---

bye,
Chris