installation problem

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Fri Oct 15 13:53:33 EDT 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Stephen Rasmussen wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to install cyrus-imap-2.2.8.  When I run ./configure, I don't
> seem to have any problems, but when I run make I get the following errors at
> the end:
>
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/../../../libucdmibs.so: undefined
> reference to `rpmdbClose'

Well, that's definitely a ucd snmp library, and it looks confused somehow;
i'm not sure why snmp would depend on the rpm database access routines.

Do you want to use the snmp support in master? If not, disable it with the
configure switch --without-ucdsnmp

Alternately you can try installing the rpm devel rpm, and linking also
with -lrpm, but that seems... odd.