sieve: authentication error

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Fri Oct 15 13:12:43 EDT 2004

Hello,

 I am having trouble with sieve not wanting to authenticate anyone. imtest
works fine, sivtest (and therefore sieveshell) do not, no matter what
sasl-mechanism I am trying. I am using auxprop (sasldb) as user database. Two
examples below, but fails for all mechanisms. Fails for the adminstrative
user "cyrus", too.

This problem seems to be quite common, however, I have not found any useful
answer so far. So, if anyone has an Idea, I'd appreciate any help.

 # sivtest -u test -a test localhost
 S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.8-Gentoo"
 S: "SASL" "GSSAPI CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN NTLM"
 S: "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational regex"
 S: "STARTTLS"
 S: OK
 Authentication failed. generic failure
 Security strength factor: 0

 # sivtest -u test -a test localhost -m DIGEST-MD5
 S: "IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.2.8-Gentoo"
 S: "SASL" "GSSAPI CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN NTLM"
 S: "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope vacation imapflags notify subaddress
relational regex"
 S: "STARTTLS"
 S: OK
 C: AUTHENTICATE "DIGEST-MD5"
 S: {244}
 S:
bm9uY2U9IkVBbWROaHRoY1FxdUt0VDNhN0U1ZDhPV21STXkraEpiVjFtWUszNTNKVk09IixyZWFsbT0iZHJhY2hlbnRvciIscW9wPSJhdXRoLGF1dGgtaW50LGF1dGgtY29uZiIsY2lwaGVyPSJyYzQtNDAscmM0LTU2LHJjNCxkZXMsM2RlcyIsbWF4YnVmPTQwOTYsY2hhcnNldD11dGYtOCxhbGdvcml0aG09bWQ1LXNlc3M=
 Please enter your password:
 {348+}
 C:
dXNlcm5hbWU9InRlc3QiLHJlYWxtPSJkcmFjaGVudG9yIixub25jZT0iRUFtZE5odGhjUXF1S3RUM2E3RTVkOE9XbVJNeStoSmJWMW1ZSzM1M0pWTT0iLGNub25jZT0iNW1rR21SWkdtaGo0akdNVXdUbS8zcXdMK0hpZW5kWmZPcGVrcEhkQVpzST0iLG5jPTAwMDAwMDAxLHFvcD1hdXRoLWNvbmYsY2lwaGVyPXJjNCxtYXhidWY9MTAyNCxkaWdlc3QtdXJpPSJzaWV2ZS9sb2NhbGhvc3QiLHJlc3BvbnNlPThkOTFkOGZmY2ExMzdmODZjNzAyMDJiYjc1MGViMTcx
 S: NO "Authentication Error"
 Authentication failed. generic failure
 Security strength factor: 128