Robust mbox to cyrus migrator?

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Sat Oct 23 12:32:52 EDT 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Dan Delaney wrote:

> Is there a really robust mbox to cyrus migration script out there
> anywhere? I tried the one from Univ or Oregon, but it gives me a lot
> of errors. I'm willing to spend the time debugging it, but first I'd
> like to know if there's something else out there that will work
> better.

I think you are referring to the scripts I wrote (Oregon State University!
Go Beavers!).  They were good enough to handle OSU's migration to Cyrus,
but it wouldn't surprise me if they have some flaws.  Two problems that I
am aware of are:

1. IMAP flags are not migrated (most notably SEEN).
2. It does not handle unixhierarchysep: yes on the target system (easily
fixed).

If you have any suggestions for fixes, I'd be happy to update the scripts.
One of the problems with any migration tools/script is that it is
typically only written and used once.  :)

	Andy