Recommended quota_db setting?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Sat Oct 16 22:16:46 EDT 2004

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there are any "official" recommendations for the quota_db
> setting? I didn't set it and so Cyrus currently uses the quotalegacy
> default. I've read in the archives that some people have experimented
> with berkeley and skiplist (with mixed results), but I haven't found a
> statement as to if there are any advantages to the other formats ...

I'd say that the recommended is still quotalegacy.  BDB might not be a
bad alternative because it has per-record locking.

The only reason that I migrated quota to use the cyrusdb interface, was
so that we could eventually come up with a new cyrusdb backend which
could work across backend servers in a Murder.  Currently the choices
for such a backend are BDB RPC (which I've tested, but has subtle config
issues) and SQL (which I've written and tested).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127