reset cyrus mailbox.db

Sascha Wuestemann sascha at killerhippy.de
Sat Oct 16 11:24:34 EDT 2004

Hi,

I want to erase all information for mailboxes to have a fresh start.

I am running cyrus version 2.1.16 at a debian testing server.

I have had copied hundreds of user mailboxes and shared folders partly
by mistake to the wrong sytstem path and have built the mailboxes.db
by a script running reconstrut for all folders and all user mailboxes
which led to a mailbox.db which has information about mailboxes which
are not used. FYI: I have had a mistake at my rsync script because of
whitespaces, so subfolders were not sent to the right place but spread
over to incorrect folders.

When detecting the malplaced folders, I decided to correct my rsync
script and run it after having erased all folders and user mailboxes.
Now I have the correct system path structure, that is ok so far.

How do I rebuild the cyrus mailboxes internal information from scratch
getting cyrus forget about nonexistent mailboxes?

The argument -m is unfortunately not supported at this version of cyrus.

Can I "echo > mailboxes.db" and run a reconstruct again and everything
is fine?
BTW: Is there a wildcard allowed to rebuild all shared folders (placed
below the user directory) and all user mailboxes so that you don't have
to call reconstruct for each?

cu
Sascha