adding new user to mysql database with cyradm.

sam sam.wun at authtec.net
Sun Oct 17 01:40:50 EDT 2004

Hi,

I installed cyrus-imap22 with sasl2 and mysql4 with pam-mysql for
storing user login info.
As all user credential go into mysql database. Is there anyway I can
instruct cyradm to write new user ID and password into mysql database
when using cyradm tool?

May be I need to add some sql_ options in the imapd.conf file, but I
have not much precise idea for doing that.
Currently I have modified imap file in the /etc/pam.d file so that
authtentication happen with mysql. The content of the imap is as follow:
# cat /etc/pam.d/imap
auth required pam_mysql.so user=root passwd=mypass host=localhost
db=mailbox table=user usercolumn=username passwdcolumn=password crypt=1
sqllog=1
account sufficient pam_mysql.so user=root passwd=mypass host=localhost
db=mailbox table=user usercolumn=username passwdcolumn=password crypt=1
sqllog=1
auth sufficient pam_unix.so
account sufficient pam_unix.so

Thanks