Usernames and imp-webmail.

Christiaan den Besten chris at scorpion.nl
Mon Oct 18 16:48:14 EDT 2004

Hi all !

Our users are pretty much used to use imp for webmail. Unfortunately after
migrating to cyrus some have been scared like hell, all their email was
lost! Or so it seemed :)

----
# Forcing recipient user to lowercase
# Cyrus 2.1 is case-sensitive.  If all your mail users are in lowercase, it
is
# probably a very good idea to set lmtp_downcase_rcpt to true.  The default
is
# to assume the user knows what he is doing, and not downcase anything.
lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes
----

Above is configured in imapd.conf. But when a user enters his/her username
with some capital letter in it, they will be authenticated succesfully and
see a empy mailbox :(

Is there any other option I could set to help them ?

bye,
Chris