missing emails

Kees Stoop kees.stoop at opticon.com
Tue Oct 19 06:20:56 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem with cyrus imapd in combination with
outlook (office XP version).
When a user contacts our imap server from Japan, he can only see approx.
half the emails. However when he contacts the server from within our
office in The Netherlands, all emails are visible. There does not seem
to be a pattern in the emails that can be accessed: I checked for the
size of the missing emails, HTML/Plain text messages, but it seems to me
that it is really random whether a mail can be accessed or not. Since
the mails are received by the server, I suspect outlook,  but why should
outlook work from within our office and not in Japan?

I am using cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-11 on fedora core2
The user that has the problems uses a Japanese version of windows XP and
the office XP version of outlook. (both in Japan and in our office)

This is a severe problem for us, so if somebody could help me out with
this problem I would very much appreciate it.

Best regards,
Kees Stoop.