missing emails

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Oct 19 11:46:25 EDT 2004

Am Di, den 19.10.2004 schrieb Kees Stoop um 12:20:

> I have a very strange problem with cyrus imapd in combination with
> outlook (office XP version).
> When a user contacts our imap server from Japan, he can only see approx.
> half the emails. However when he contacts the server from within our
> office in The Netherlands, all emails are visible. There does not seem
> to be a pattern in the emails that can be accessed: I checked for the
> size of the missing emails, HTML/Plain text messages, but it seems to me
> that it is really random whether a mail can be accessed or not. Since
> the mails are received by the server, I suspect outlook,  but why should
> outlook work from within our office and not in Japan?
>
> I am using cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-11 on fedora core2
> The user that has the problems uses a Japanese version of windows XP and
> the office XP version of outlook. (both in Japan and in our office)

> Kees Stoop.

Certainly different versions of MS Office / Outlook XP. Latest SP
installed? Did you check the knowledgebase? IMHO this is a known problem
(reports running dovecot too). Good time and reason to switch over using
a more secure and proper functioning email client ;)

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 17:40:12 up 5 days, 12:51, load average: 0.18, 0.24, 0.17