postfix to cyrus-imap via lmtp?

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Wed Oct 20 01:47:04 EDT 2004

> My first guess was, and now again is, that you have a mix of sasl1 and
> sasl2 on your system. Postfix was a bit of a problem because you couldn't
> have it support LDAP and SASL2 at the same time when your OpenLDAP was
> using SASL1. You may ldd check your postfix binaries.

Your are probably right. Postfix was installed from a Debian package. But
cyrus-sasl and cyrus-imap were installed from source. The end result is
that the sasl libs used by postfix are not the sasl libs it was built
with.

Not sure where I'll go next. I could build postfix from source as well, I
do need sasl support for SMTP AUTH. Or, I could give courier-imap a try to
see if I can get away with stock Debian packages.

Adi