Is "unixhierarchysep: yes" the norm now?

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 21 20:11:20 EDT 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Dan Delaney wrote:

> Hello all. Just starting to configure Cyrus and convert all of my mbox files
> to it. I was wondering, is it the norm these days to use
> "unixhierarchysep:yes"? Are there any modern email clients that don't work
> either with it or without it?

None that I know of.  CMU uses unixhierarchysep: no quite successfully,
many other sites use "yes" equally successfully.

"yes" give you the advantage of being able to have dots in the user names
(for inboxes), which is important for some installations.

Note that within a murder enviornment you need to use the same setting
throughout.

Ken -- is unixhierarchysep: yes required for virtdomains?  I don't
recall...

-Rob