quota -f output

Jure Pe_ar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Sat Oct 23 19:41:38 EDT 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:22:09 -0400
Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com> wrote:

> IIRC, this means that the quota root file for user.username at dom.ain is
> missing, so all references to this quota root have been removed from the
> mailboxes.

So you interpret this as config/domain/d/dom.ain/quota/u/user.username file
is missing? That can't be the case, as the file is there for sure.

Also, when does quota -f finish its processing? I'd expect it to walk the
whole user tree, but i see it quitting early, somewhere in the middle of
user.a*. And why would it generate a report only for users beggining with
0-9 and _ ?

If someone else can confirm this behaviour, then this is a bug. It is also
possible that this is some side effect of on-disk corruption. What kind of
corruption would cause such behaviour? Where should I look for it?

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/