I think 'virtdomains:' and 'defaultdomain:' are broken...

Bruce Hellstrom bruceh at brucehbase.org
Sat Oct 23 02:01:55 EDT 2004

Hi Adi,

After you completed the test for Scenario 1, did you remove all the mailbox
folders used by Cyrus Imap before changing the imapd.conf and trying the 2nd
scenario?  The reason I ask, is because in the first scenario, you had no
default domain, that would cause Cyrus to create the mailbox for fred in a
different location than in the 2nd scenario.  To do the two scenarios, I would
think you have to follow these steps:

1) Setup the imapd.conf for the first scenario.
2) Go into cyradm and create the mailbox for fred at example.com
3) Run your test.
4) Go into cyradm again and remove the mailbox for fred at example.com
5) Setup the imapd.conf for the 2nd scenario and restart Cyrus.
6) Go into cyradm and create the mailbox for fred or fred at example.com (doesn't
matter to Cyrus when you are using the default domain).
7) Try to login as just "fred".

In the above steps, the mailbox for fred will actually be created in a different
place in the cyrus mail folder hierarchy based on the scenario you are testing.

Bruce