how to create user@primary.com as user login name?

sam wun sam.wun at authtec.net
Sun Oct 24 01:34:28 EDT 2004

sam wun wrote:

>>> If you comment out defaultdomain alltogether everyone has to use a fqdn
>>> login. This is what I will be using.
>>>

>> It is working fine when login cyrus with fqdn with user id, but auth
>> smtp failed.
>> When sending email, I entered user at domain.com in the User name and
>> Password edit box in the Outgoing Server dialog box. The smtp
>> authentication was not successful in this case.
>> If I enter user id only in the Outgoin Server dialog box, the smtp
>> auth works fine.
>> Now the login id for cyrus is fqdn, login id only for out-going
>> server auth smtp.
>>
>> I have test the login id fqdn authtentication with imtest command
>> (with LOGIN mech) and it works fine.
>> The way I create password is:
>> saslpasswd2 -c user at domain.com
>>
>> Since login id fqdn is failed with smtp auth, I also need to create
>> one more password for the user:
>> saslpasswd2 -c user
>>
>> I dont know what is going on here.
>> Have you tried login id with fqdn for smtp auth?

I m not sure whether the way I used to create fq user account
(user at domain ) is correct or not.
I specified --server localhost at the end of the cyradm command.
What should be the correct syntax for this?
I also used command like saslpasswd2 -c user at domain create each fq user
account.

Thanks
Sam