how to create user@primary.com as user login name?

Mike Nuss mnuss at ammasso.com
Sat Oct 23 23:20:42 EDT 2004

Adi Linden wrote:

>>I have another solution to solve the problem, but not sure right or not.
>>Since only user in default domain can't use domain name as their login
>>name, I changed defaultdomain to "localhost".
>>Now all other domains are treated as non-default domain.
>>Surely all users in non-default domains are able to use fqdn login id
>>(user at domain.com) for authentication.
>>

>If you comment out defaultdomain alltogether everyone has to use a fqdn
>login. This is what I will be using.
>
>Adi

I seem to recall reading somewhere that cyrus could automatically
determine which domain name to use based on the IP interface through
which the user connects.  Is this true or did I just make it up?  'Cause
that would be really really useful for me.  (Though not yet, since I'm
still having that "Permission denied" problem - come on guys, little help?)

Mike Nuss